Last updated: March 22nd, 2022
There are many tools that can save you time and energy down the road. Here are some I use, and find myself recommending regularly.
I may earn a commission from some or all of these links when you use them to sign up.
Hosting and Website Tools
- SiteGround - Perfect for hosting websites that are using the WordPress platform, with a free plugin to help speed up your sites. Fast and helpful support when you need it.
- DigitalOcean - Sign up with this link and you'll get $100 free credit to use. Great to try out their hosting services. Works well for a continuous deployment setup with a GitHub repository. Easy to spin up new servers.
- Laravel Forge - A great server management tool. Provision and deploy applications onto many hosting providers.
Emails and Newsletters
- Klaviyo - A great option for emails, newsletters and SMS. Their segmented lists, automated and triggered emails are amazing.
- ConvertKit - A great option for creators looking for more than just email. Offers landing pages and help to sell digital products & subscriptions.
- TinyLetter - A really straight forward and clean option for getting started with writing, building a list and newsletters.
Design, Creative and Images
- Figma - Primarily web-based design tool, great for website mock-ups.
- Sketch - A great design tool, used by many freelancers and professionals.
- Canva - A graphic design platform, used to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents and other visual content. The app includes templates for users to use.
- Coolors - A super fast colour palettes generator!
- Fontjoy - Font pairing made simple.
- Unsplash - Over 2 million free high-resolution images by professional photographers.